You have got your website on the top for many competitive keywords on Google SERP, but still not satisfied with the output. Why? The reason might be that you have not made the site a conversion machine, instead you just focused on ranking but not the conversion. In the growing e-commerce industry it is not enough to optimize a website according to SEO guidelines. To produce desired outcomes It is required that you invest your time both in CRO and SEO.
What is a Conversion?
The conversion can be defined as any action that you want the visitor to perform, such as downloading a video or e-book, making a purchase, submission of forms, etc.
What is Conversion Rate Optimization?
Conversion rate is the percentage of potential visitors that perform a desired action (conversion) on the website and the process of optimizing the website to increase the conversion rate is known as Conversion Rate Optimization.
For Example, in an online business the process of converting the visitors into potential customers is called Conversion Rate Optimization and will be calculated as: –
(Number of sales/Total number of unique visitors)*100
Let’s assume that your online store has sold 500 products and number of unique visitors were 2000 visitors in a month, then the conversion rate will be calculated as:
(500/2000)*100 = 25%.
Why CRO is Important in SEO?
Every type of business needs CRO as it help to reveal the growth process of your business. Whether it is a website that publishes information about latest technology updates or an ecommerce business, CRO and SEO need to be applied to get best possible result.
Here are two main reasons that why CRO is important in SEO.
- Improve the user experience: – Spending money on PPC and other paid advertising techniques to increase the customer base is a costly process, which is not affordable for everyone. Instead, spending money on improving user experience will not only improve your overall site performance but also helps in improving ranks. Performing A/B testing is a simplest way to test user experience and implementing the best page with maximum conversion.
- Maximize the business profit: – The improved ranking and user experience will directly reflects the overall business profit with more conversions.
Best Practices For CRO
- Use appropriate color combination for call-to-action: – You may have read that “red CTA button raised the conversion by 21%”. Actually, it is not the red color that has increased the conversion rate by 21%, it is the magic of proper color combination in call-to-action buttons. The best practices for CTA buttons can lead your business to better results in CRO. To maximize the conversion rate, you should use the appropriate color contrast and the best suitable website background.
- Include Videos: – The e-Commerce site Ariat has increased its conversion rate by 160% by showing product videos which means that there is a huge impact of videos on conversion rate. Videos make it easier for your audience to understand your product in a better way.
For example, if your goal is to increase the download of a photo editing software, then you can add a 2-3 minutes video that shows the process of how to edit the photos and other features. I am sure that it will definitely increase the download of photo editing software as compared to the page without the video.
- Use the magical word “Free”: – “Buy 2 get 1 FREE” Wow, Let’s see what is in the offer. This is what happens when you see these kinds of free offers. The “FREE” is a magical word that attracts everyone and people eagerly clicks on these types of offers. Hence, you must try to introduce offers and deals with “free” word on your website.
- Use relevant and attractive images: – “Images can say a lot more than words”, images have the ability to highly influence the conversion rate. The visitors hardly buy a product without seeing its images because it shows the specification of that product and catches the customer’s attention very quickly.
It is always beneficial to add relevant and attractive images that give the real and practical look of the products. 3600 spinning images and 3D images can add more possibilities to make a purchase. To get a clear understanding here is a guide that shows product images increase conversion rate.
- Add a compelling value proposition: – Why should a customer buy products from you? What is special about you that prove you the best among the competitors?
You must provide the best answers of above questions so that the customers can analyze the difference between your store and other online stores in the market. You should also explain the benefits of your products or services that differentiate you from others.
- Create Urgency: – You may have seen such slogans on many online stores like “Offer will expire today, Buy Now”. This creates the urgency in customers that they can only buy today, not tomorrow.
Limitations on your offers directly affect the customers, which quickly divert their mind to take an action immediately. There are lots of techniques that can be followed to create urgency in customers.
- Give the Guarantee for the best price in the market: – Customers always look for the best price of the product in the market. That is why, you must make the customers believe, that you are not cheating them and giving the product at the best price.
- Security and trust: – Due to the increasing cyber-crimes, people are sometimes afraid that online stores will leak their credit/debit card information or any other personal information. In that case it becomes essential for you to assure the customers that their transaction is 100% safe and secure.
To prove that, you can put a security seal which is a mechanism used to assure the customers that their credentials are secured. For example, e-commerce companies have increased their conversion rate by 11% with placing a Nortan security seal.
The other ways to create trust among customers may include:
- Customer reviews and ratings
- Real testimonials
- Right contact information
- Delivery on time
Now, you must have understood that only SEO can’t fulfill your requirements. It needs a partner which can boost up the profit for your business i.e. CRO. SEO can only give you visitors, not the customers. It means that both are incomplete without each other. Thus, focus on conversion rate optimization with SEO to get the best possible result.