Social media has been one of the top attention these days from SEO’s. Search engine marketing experts calls it social SEO, and we at Online Marketing HQ calls it Social SEO Dynamics.
Today we are looking at how Social Media Impact on SEO and Organic search engine optimization rankings. Everyone wants rank organically and knowing how Social media helps can give you a greater advantage when it comes to ranking your websites.
How Social Media channels help SEO?
Google, Bing and even Yahoo have stated that, they pay attention to social signals and that’s in their algorithm as a ranking factor. So you better start paying attention to get your social game up, if you are going to rank in the modern web.
How and why do social signals improve rankings?
Direct impact comes from:
- Number of people that like and shares your brand on Facebook.
- Number of Twitter followers and Retweets.
- Number of tweets/posts mentioning your brand name or including a link to your website.
- Number of people that “have you in their Google+ circles”.
Indirect impact comes from:
- Increased inbound links and citations.
- Increased positive reviews.
- Decreased bounce rate, higher time on site, and more repeat visitors to your website.
What steps should be taken right now to improve my website’s social signals?
Onsite elements include:
- Share buttons (like, recommend, tweet, bookmark, etc.)
- Connect buttons (Like a Facebook page, Follow on Twitter, Follow on LinkedIn, etc.) Offsite elements include:
- Facebook page
- Twitter account
- LinkedIn company page
- Pinterest account
- Youtube account
- Guest blog posting
- Other social media platforms
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):
Submit your review